point of sale

Are we able to integrate communication from e.g. Sugar Market or Sugar Sell to a Point of Sales?

• Hi Sofia,

That will depend on which platform. We currently support using Sugar Integrate with Sugar Sell, and hope to roll it out to Sugar Market soon. The list of adapters through Sugar Integrate can be found here: https://www.sugarcrm.com/platform-features/adapters/

There may also be some options available using the API for Sugar Market. You can find that information here: https://market.apidocs.sugarcrm.com/?version=latest

Director, Customer Enablement | SugarCRM

•  I like where you're going with that thought! There are some straightforward ways of getting POS data into Sugar Sell or Market to report on sales data and build a 360 degree view of your customer - and market to them appropriately of course.

However, not sure if I've ever heard of a company doing the opposite: CRM / MA data pushing to POS. What is your use case for that? 

Sonja Fridell

President, BrainSell 

sfridell@brainsell.net

• I remember working with a retail customer that had a similar need - they wanted to personalise some of the content provided at POS with loyalty information and additional upsell opportunities, based upon what they knew about the customer (stored back in the CRM). The receipt was going to be the primary channel, as they could print more onto it with these offers.

, I don't know if that is the along similar lines to what you were thinking, but after we reviewed the POS technology that this customer was using, it was deemed too expensive to build a proof-of-concept. Instead, we encouraged them to buy an iPad, which sat next to their register etc. They used the iPad to initially do a search by phone/email to find the customer, and Sugar was configured to provide the sales staff with POS offers then and there. We also explored expanding the mobile app to do scanning of their loyalty cards, but eventually decided that a search by phone number was working just fine.

• We had sent info from CRM core to a POS quite often. The following situations are typical:

• update of personal data
    • up-sell/cross-sell product offering
    • any recommendations
    • any reminders 

Of course, it all depends on what we mean as POS and what business purposes are. E.g., we had to send info from CRM core to a POS when the internet banking app was used as a POS.
    The same situation is when we use any chat apps (Slack, Messanger, or web site chat) as a POS.

All these situations are joined the common approach - in a particular moment to initiate a particular process from CRM and don't wait for an action from the side of a client or POS operator.

In most cases, we use Logic Builder and Sugar Integrate to do it. Some practical examples already presented at webinars, and some will be shown at the nearest time on webinars series "Deploy a Single Source of Truth about a Customer in CRM."

Integroscrm.com
    We make work in Sugar
    more convenient and efficient