How does the startup code work?

I would like to understand how the code works when one first goes to SugarCRM.

I am upgrading from 8.0.2 to 9.0.3.

I upgraded our TEST environment.  Then upgrade our PROD environment.  After upgrading PROD the changes were committed to GITHUB.  When I pulled the changes committed to GITHUB from PROD, I get the loading... screen when I am trying to access TEST.

• So you pulled the prod from git and used that to make your test and prod in sync? If so please check the config.php to see what the site_url property is set to. Also be sure to have all other things like mysql server, elasticsearch and such setup correctly. 

Last but not least validate if the .htaccess file that is in the root of your sugar install is correct on the test. What happens is that the .htacces is used to rewrite the url so that the javascript code can go to http://yourdomain/rest/v(x)/#Accounts or anything like that. 

Please check developer tools (in Chrome hit f12) to check if there are any console errors. If so solve them or let us know if you don't know how.   

• There are a lot of DB changes that have occurred between Sugar 8 and Sugar 9; the addition of new tables, fields, and most importantly the collations set changed, etc. from UTF8 to UTF8MB4