Silly Question - Ability to change User Status

OK, this is probably a silly question, and I suppose the answer isn't important but i'm curious about an odd happening.

One of our employees exited the company, and of course we have a list of things that must be done when that happens (all the standard security stuff).  When I went in to change the user status and employee status (including the checkbox to display the employee record) the employee status had already been changed!  I checked with the other Administrators, and they both denied touching the record.

I've run a test with a fictitious user and a fictitious manager and neither has the ability to change the employee status.

Does anyone know (or have a thought) about how this may be possible?  I don't want to open a case and bother the Sugar Support Team with my silly question.

P.S. I've already changed the user status and altered the affected business processes that assign the user to account and contact records. 

• Hi Bud, 

Not a silly question at all! The explanation is that the users and employees module are linked, so if you create a user a correlated employee record is also created and controlled through the user module. I confirmed that changing the employee status from the user also updates the related employee record. 

Checking the documentation I can find some general, but not something specific for your question, so I'll create a request to update the documentation with the info that the employee status gets updated from the User.

Thanks for bringing this up :) 

Dennis

• This depends from your version. Which version do you run?

When you set the user status in version 6.5 to Inactive the employee_status of the record is set to Terminated.

You find the php code for that in modules/Useres/save.php:

if(isset($_POST['status']) && $_POST['status']== "Inactive") $focus->employee_status = "Terminated"; //bug49972

In the new versions, I tested 7.9, and above user status and employee_status are independent.

Harald Kuske
    Principal Solution Architect – Professional Services, EMEA
    hkuske@sugarcrm.com
    SugarCRM Deutschland GmbH