How to query an opportunity field not updated in 30 days

I want to create an advanced report to track opportunities that have not had any updates to the Next Steps field in the past 30 days, but am having trouble with the query.  Can anyone give suggestions on how to write this query?

Thanks,

Patrick

• Hi Patrick Comune 

Pre-condition: such field must be audited.

Having said that you can either:

• create an INNER JOIN to opportunities_audit, filtering by parent_id (opportunity_id), field_name (the field to look for last update) and date_created (the date when that field has been updated);
    • create a subquery on opportunities_audit, filtering by parent_id (opportunity_id), field_name (the field to look for last update) and date_created (the date when that field has been updated);

Regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • Hi Andre,

Thanks for the help.  I tweaked my query, but still is coming up invalid.  Sorry, I'm new to SQL... Could you take a look and let me know where I am making errors?  (Query below...)

Thanks,

Patrick

SELECT IFNULL(opportunities.id,'') opportunity_id
    ,IFNULL(opportunities.name,'') next_step
    ,IFNULL(opportunities_audit.date_created,'') `date_created`
    ,IFNULL(opportunities_audit.created_by,'') `created_by`

FROM opportunities
    INNER JOIN opportunities_audit opportunities_audit ON next_step

WHERE (((opportunities_audit.date_created <= DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 30 DAY))))
    AND opportunities.deleted=0;

• The query may be something like that:

SELECT opportunities.id opportunity_id, opportunities.name opportunity_name, opportunities_audit.date_created date_created, opportunities_audit.created_by created_by
    FROM opportunities
    INNER JOIN opportunities_audit opportunities_audit ON opportunities.id = opportunities_audit.parent_id AND opportunities_audit.field_name = 'next_step'
    WHERE opportunities_audit.date_created <= DATE_SUB(CURDATE(), INTERVAL 30 DAY) AND opportunities.deleted = 0;

André Lopes
    Lampada Global