Relate Field Custom attribute

Hi Everyone, 

I did some poking around but couldn't find anything directly related to this.

Is there a way to create a field that stores a custom attribute that's related to another module?

Scenario: 

I have a relate field(Users) on the opportunity module and I need to indicate that user's percentage involvement on the opportunity.

What would be the best way to approach this? Any help would be great, 

Thanks!

• You just need to create a sugarLogic formula on Studio which populate the target field as per respective field on Users module:

related($assigned_user_link,"description")

Regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • Good morning Yuri Haywood,

A relate field implies you only have one user per Opportunity, in which case you can add a percent involvement field to the Opportunity and make it dependent on the User field so that it appears on your layout only when a User is selected.

Using a custom dependency you can also make it required if the User filed is filled.

If you meant a Relationship, and you have more than one user related to the Opportunity and want a percentage for each user, the only way I can think of is to replace your relationship with a new module where you have two fields: a User relate field and a percentage involvement field and a M:1 relationship between this new module and your Opportunity (which will add a relate field to the new module for the Opportunity and a subpanel on the Opportunity). You wish, you can hide the module from the Mega Menu so users don't go there directly, and have it display as a subpanel on the Opportunity. You will then create and maintain the records from the Opportunity subpanel to ensure that they are tied to the Opportunity. 

FrancescaS