How can submitted tickets come in as 'New'?

I am trying to figure out how to accomplish the goal of client portal users being able to submit their cases through a portal and by email to a specific email address.  I have accomplished both of these and have customized the layout and fields that I want to show, however it seems that in order for an email to a 'watched folder' to create a case it must assign it to a team and go by either 'round robin' or 'least busy' and that's not necessarily what I want to do.  I would much prefer the case to come in as 'New' and then I can use BPM logic to then look at the Account module's custom fields for who their Account Manager is and what system they are using.  

We've got a spread of about 20 client facing operations users split across two platforms, Ideally I'd like to use the same email address for both.  When a client puts in a ticket I'd like it to assign to the Account Manager and then if they dont get to it in a period of time, i'd like it to go back to a 'team queue' so that someone else familiar could pick it up.  If nothing happens for a period of time I'd like to have a notification go to a manager, seems pretty easy, but I've been running up against walls as I try to implement this.  I even tried Business Centers, but I think I went down the wrong path there... 

A bit about our instance, we're on 9.3 Sell and Serve licensing using SugarOnDemand.  Any help or thoughts on how to accomplish this or a similar workflow would be greatly appreicated.  Thanks in advance, JDM

• Hi J.D.,

The inbound email case creation functionality distributes cases based on the method defined for the respective mailbox. The users it distributes the cases to are based off the team(s) associated with the mailbox. 

The best way to achieve your desired result is to:

1. Create a Group User under Admin > Users > Create Group User
    2. Create a team under Admin > Teams > Create Team
    3. Associate the group user to the team. Do not associate any additional users to this team.
    4. Associate the team to the desired inbound email accounts that will create cases. Do not associate any additional teams to the inbound email account.

At this point, any emails that come in through the appropriate mailboxes will be assigned to the group user and associated team. This gives you a constant value to key additional logic off of for further routing. Using SugarBPM, you then would create a process that triggers on new records where the case assigned user's last name equals the name you gave your group user. You also need to incorporate a business rule into the definition to handle evaluating the account manager and updating the case's assigned user and team. Lastly, you can also incorporate timers into the definition to have cases reassign to a team-based queue after X hours have passed with no activity. 

When getting into case routing logic such as this, you have a wealth of opportunity to tailor the processes to your needs with SugarBPM and Sugar Logic. If you are not familiar with these features, I represent Upsert, a Sugar Authorized Partner; your specific request touches on two of our primary areas of expertise: Customer Service use cases and automation. We would be happy to speak with you further on how we can help guide you towards exceeding your customers' expectations.