Installing the On-demand version 9.3.0 on a Development Environment

Hi, 

I'm trying the install a back up of Sugar Professional 9.3.0 on a Local Development instance . 

Unfortunately this is an "On-demand" only version  and the stand alone version server requirement is not released. Also, The server requirements are not specified for this version.

I tried installing in a server that supports Sugarcrm version 9.0.x , But I can only get to the loading page. 

Please help

Any help is appreciated?

• Hi Anoop,

I doubt the stack makeup is the cause of your issue. I run a 9.3 development environment on the same specs supported for 9.0 (i.e. PHP 7.3.14, MySQL 5.7.29, elasticsearch 6.2). For a persistent loading page issue, there is a possibility that your permissions need to be corrected. Please follow the Recommended File System Permissions on Linux article to see if that corrects your issue. 

If that does not work, go through the Troubleshooting Blank Pages and Partial Page Loads article and relay any error messages you identify if you are unable to resolve on your own.

I hope this helps!

• Hi Chris, 

Thank you for replying

This is my server configuration

PHP 7.1.33 

Mysql : 5.7.29

Elastic search 5.6.0

I did the following

1. Double checked the permissnon

2. Nothing on Sugar logs, PHP error longs and Apache logs 

3. The only thing on console log is a 404 not found for a Image

• Hi Anoop,

The permissions in your screenshot do not look accurate. The directories are set to 2755 and files are set to 644. The article I previously linked recommends 2770 and 660 respectively. Additionally, the ownership on the files is set to your personal user and group. Can you confirm that is the user and group leveraged by Apache?

One additional article you should review is 'Migrating from SugarCloud to On-Site'. Specifically, the items in step 6 and 7 may be causing the issues you are experiencing.

• Hi Chris,

Yes that permission is correct for the user and group, I double checked with our dev admin. I have a version of 9.0.3  working in this development space. 

One thing I forgot to mention is the .htaccess file, The backup from sugar didn't have a .htaccess file,. So I copied one from a working one and updated it . 

Here is the contents.

# BEGIN SUGARCRM RESTRICTIONS
    # Fix mimetype for logo.svg (SP-1395)
    AddType image/svg+xml .svg
    AddType application/json .json
    AddType application/javascript .js

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    Options +FollowSymLinks
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /investo
    RewriteRule (?i)\.git - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)\.log$ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^bin/ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^cache/diagnostic/ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^composer\.(json|lock)$ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^cron\.php$ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^custom/blowfish/ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^dist/ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^emailmandelivery\.php$ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^files\.md5$ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^src/ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^upload/ - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^vendor/(?!ytree.*\.(css|gif|js|png)$) - [F]
    RewriteRule (?i)^(cache|clients|data|examples|include|jssource|log4php|metadata|ModuleInstall|modules|soap|xtemplate)/.*\.(php|tpl)$ - [F]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteRule ^rest/(.*)$ api/rest.php?__sugar_url=$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^cache/api/metadata/lang_(.._..)_(.*)_public(_ordered)?\.json$ rest/v10/lang/public/$1?platform=$2&ordered=$3 [N,QSA,DPI]

RewriteRule ^cache/api/metadata/lang_(.._..)_([^_]*)(_ordered)?\.json$ rest/v10/lang/$1?platform=$2&ordered=$3 [N,QSA,DPI]
    RewriteRule ^cache/Expressions/functions_cache(_debug)?.js$ rest/v10/ExpressionEngine/functions?debug=$1 [N,QSA,DPI]
    RewriteRule ^cache/jsLanguage/(.._..).js$ index.php?entryPoint=jslang&module=app_strings&lang=$1 [L,QSA,DPI]
    RewriteRule ^cache/jsLanguage/(\w*)/(.._..).js$ index.php?entryPoint=jslang&module=$1&lang=$2 [L,QSA,DPI]
    RewriteRule ^portal/(.*)$ portal2/$1 [L,QSA]
    RewriteRule ^portal$ portal/? [R=301,L]
    </IfModule>

<IfModule mod_mime.c>
    AddType application/x-font-woff .woff
    </IfModule>
    <FilesMatch "\.(jpg|png|gif|js|css|ico|woff|svg)$">
    <IfModule mod_headers.c>
    Header set ETag ""
    Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2592000"
    Header set Expires "01 Jan 2112 00:00:00 GMT"
    </IfModule>
    </FilesMatch>
    <IfModule mod_expires.c>
    ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/jpg "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType application/x-font-woff "access plus 1 month"
    ExpiresByType image/svg "access plus 1 month"
    </IfModule>
    # END SUGARCRM RESTRICTIONS

• Hi Anoop,

With regards to the .htaccess file you posted, the only potential issue that I can see is the RewriteBase value. If your development instance is not in the /investo directory or you are not accessing the instance via a URL pattern of https://{domain}/investo, then that value needs to be updated accordingly. If you access the instance via a URL of https://investo.{domain}, then RewriteBase should be set to /. If you access the instance a URL of https://{domain}/{folder}, then RewriteBase should be set to /{folder}.

Your .htaccess file is missing the following:

<IfModule mod_headers.c>
            Header always set X-Frame-Options "SAMEORIGIN"
    </IfModule>

This is a security measure and should not prevent the page from loading. 

Once you've confirmed the RewriteBase value, I recommend deleting all the contents of the ./cache directory and then try reloading Sugar. You may need to do 2 refreshes of the page for the cache directory to fully build out. If that is unsuccessful, check to see whether you have any new diagnostics/behaviors from the aforementioned logs and tools.

• HI Chris Raffle,

Finally I got it working in my development environment. But, this  ("#bwc/index.php?module=Users&action=index")  gets attached to my instance link and can only login to see the users module, If i open any other module it automatically redirects to User's module .. You can see that here :link to dev space 

Thank you for your help

• Hi Chis,

Finally got it working!!.. and Thank you for your help

The last issue of redirecting URL was due to the exceeding number of licences. I deactivated some accounts and its working now.

Anyways, I really appreciate your help and thank you very much