potential bug reports?

I am using Sugar Pro 9.0.2 onSite.

I built a Matrix report on Leads with date created and status parameters. Date Created is set to a range: 1 Jan 2017 to today.

A simple group by

And a simple summary display

The results are grouped by Year and Month but the Month includes the Year and repeats for every Year

The result is even more obvious when you group by Month then Year

As you can see March 2017 is then split into each of the years.

Notice that the cells that are not relevant to that grouping are blank, but still displayed.

Moving on to 2018 shows all of 2017 blank and 2018 populated, then 2019 blank... 

and so on... it's just wasted space showing the irrelevant columns

Is this a known issue? Or did I do something wrong? I don't often build Reports these days....

thanks,
FrancescaS

• Hi Francesca,

What is your desired output for the report? It seems like you want to have all leads created by month by user, and if that's the case, there should be no need to have the 'Leads > Year: Created' column in the group by. I recommend having the 'Leads > Month: Created' sorted in ascending order. While the output you are receiving isn't helpful, I think it is because you are opting to group by 2 elements from the same field (month and year). 

Think of the output you are receiving as this:

• Your primary group by is year created.
    • Out of all the records created in the year 2017, here are all the records created by every month since January 1, 2017.
    • Out of all the records created in the year 2018, here are all the records created by every month since January 1, 2017.
    • etc.
  • Hi Chris Raffle,

Thank you for trying to help.

I would like to group leads by year then by month across the top with rows of counts per assigned user.

So I get a total of all leads for 2017, then a total for Jan (2017), Feb (2017) etc.. 

But what it's doing is for 2017 it adds the months for 2017, then the months for 2018 (without data), and the months for 2019 (without data)... etc.

Then it repeats it all for 2018, this time with data in the months for 2018 and empty cells for the months for 2017 and 2019.

So basically I would like the output I'm getting but without the extra blank columns month per month for years that do not belong in that year grouping.

FrancescaS

• Thanks for clarifying, Francesca. In that case, you will encounter the issue I previously highlighted because grouping by the month of a date/datetime field in matrix reports includes the year.

What you could do is use a custom field with Sugar Logic to isolate the month value from the Date Created field. Your grouping would be Leads > Year: Created and Leads > {Custom Month Field}. All leads would have a custom month value of 01 through 12, and you would not have the redundancies you currently experience with the matrix report grouping.