Product Catalog record view not reflecting studio

I've made changes to the record view in studio for the product catalog and saved&deployed it however it is not reflecting when anyone goes to the record view?

The record view remains the same as the sugar default record view.

Is anyone else experiencing this and if so how did you work around it? We do not want everyone to be able to see certain information like cost etc.

Currently using Enterprise 9.0

• Hi Braedon,

Modifying the views of the Product Catalog module will only impact the views seen by users with access to the Admin > Product Catalog feature (i.e. admin users and users with elevated role access). If you want to modify the view of what users see for items added to a quote, modify the views for the Quoted Line Items module in Studio.

I hope that helps!

Chris

• Hi Chris,

Our concern is that items added to a quote are added through the product catalog dashlet. Although they cannot navigate to the product catalog, categories etc they do have access to the record view via the dashlet by clicking the icon next to the product name (see image). This is how we would like to have it set up due to its efficiency but at the same time, limiting what they are able to see on that layout.

• Thanks for clarifying, Braedon! This view is a view that cannot be modified traditionally via Studio. When clicking the icon next to an item in the Product Catalog dashlet, the view is populated in a drawer on top of the existing quote. This particular view is called 'product-catalog-dashlet-drawer-record'. This view is relatively easy to customize if you have file-level access, and since you are running Enterprise 9.0, I assume you are on-site. 

To customize the file, create the following directory path in your Sugar installation:

./custom/modules/ProductTemplates/clients/base/views/product-catalog-dashlet-drawer-record/ 

Note: Since you have already customized the standard Product Catalog record view, everything but the last folder in that path should have been previously created.

Copy the following file to that new directory path:

./modules/ProductTemplates/clients/base/views/product-catalog-dashlet-drawer-record/product-catalog-dashlet-drawer-record.php

Modify the newly copied file and locate the array that begins like the following:

'fields' => array(
    'status',
    array(
    'name' => 'website',
    'type' => 'url'),

This code marks the beginning of the field layout you wish to modify. Rearrange, delete, or add fields to adjust the layout for your users. Once the changes are saved, go to Admin > Repair > Quick Repair and Rebuild to flush the cached views. Once that process completes, you should see the changes reflected in the Product Catalog dashlet drawer.

• Awesome. I will give this a shot and let you know. Much appreciated!