import created by user

I am importing Contacts and am unable to get the Created By User to populate correctly.  Any magic I should know about this field?

• Hi Jim,

When importing for the 'Created By' field, the only current option is to import by the user's unique database ID. This appears to be a bug since other fields (e.g. Modified By, Assigned User) provide options to import by the user's name or ID. I recommend filing a case with Sugar Support to highlight this inconsistency as a defect. I found enhancement # 67244 covering this topic, but I don't believe this is an appropriate classification given how the other user fields have multiple import options. With that said, it is relatively easy to work around this gap in functionality by using the IDs.

To get a list of user IDs in your system, I recommend creating a rows & columns report on the Users module (note: you must be an admin to create a report on this specific module). For the filters, isolate records that have a status of 'Active':

Then, for the display columns, add the full name and ID fields:

Once you name the report and save it, you will have a reference list of all user IDs. Copy the necessary ID values into your import file, and map that column to 'Created By ID' when importing to the Contacts module.

Let me know how this works for you!