Outlook Plugin management

Hi 

I'm an admin for a 400 seat on demand Sugar v9.0.1 instance. I'm doing some work with users about thier experience of the system.

When it came to the use of outlook plugin, most expressed they were happy to use it, but discontinued using it when they encountered a problem. It seems to be the solution to problems is a re-installation of the plugin.

I've noticed, (and do it myself) that we tend to go along with the last plugin version we downloaded individually until there's a problem, then on the re-install progress onto the latest version.

Is there a better way of doing this via a central push installation? how  do others do this?

How do Sugar notify us of the latest plugin availability? is there a road map?

Kind regards John

• Hi John,

For better or worse, in my experience I would say most people handle it the same way you are   In a perfect world, everyone would update to the latest release each time there's an update, but I rarely see anyone update outside of when they have an issue. 

I have only worked with a handful of customers who have done it, but it is possible to deploy the plugin by deploying the MSI package through group policies.

You can get notified of new releases by following the Explore space on Community. New releases for all of Sugar's products, including the Outlook plugin, are posted there.

If you use Office 365, you might also want to check out Sugar's new product Sugar Connect, as I believe that automatically updates without any interaction from the user or admin. 

Business Analyst

Technology Advisors, Inc.

• Thanks Megan - you've reassured me i'm not missing something :-) and thanks for the link to the release space, i'll check it out.