Recalculate through import?

Hi!

I have over 20000 records that needs to be recalculated. 

Can I get Sugar to do that with an import? I have tried to export and import them all but it wasnt recalculated...

• HI Lena Andersson,

You have three options to trigger the recalculation on a large number of records:

1. Use the 'Recalculate Values' option on the module list view:
      1. The most records you can update in a single batch is 1,000. Since you have ~20k records, you need to identify a way to effectively filter the list view of applicable records into batches of 1,000 or less. 
      2. If you don't have a direct method to filter those records into batches under 1,000, options 2 and 3 will be better suited for your needs.
    2. Mass update records:
      1. In Studio, create a dropdown field with the list containing a blank entry and 'Yes' value. Ensure the field is enabled for mass update. 
      2. Add the field to the module's search layout
      3. Go to the module list view and apply any filters to isolate the 20k records needing updated. Apply a filter where the new dropdown field is empty.
      4. Select the first 1,000 records and mass update the dropdown field to a value of 'Yes'. Sugar Logic recalculations will trigger as part of this operation since they trigger on any save event.
      5. Repeat until all records are updated.
    3. Import and update records:
      1. Export the 20,000 records from the appropriate module
      2. Delete all columns except for the database ID and the module's required fields
      3. Go through the import and update process ensuring all columns in the CSV are mapped
      4. The import automatically batches a file into groups of 1,000. 
      5. Similar to the mass update option, this triggers a record save and thus Sugar Logic recalculations are performed. 

I hope this helps!

Chris