Change Custom related Module field in Process Definition

Hi,

we are trying to enhance the Task module with some custom fields to enrich the information for users and to set some fields in the Task on Approval / Reject from a SugarBPM process.

Therefore, we added some custom fields - which are also displayed in an Action for value changes.

However, a field ("Approved By"), which is based on the Users module (so we have a custom related module field - just like Assigned To ), is not shown in the action.

The fields were added via code - not studio. 

Is there some additional work to do for related modules fields being displayed? 

Info: If a task is Approved / Rejected, the "Approved By" field shall be filled with the Current User.

• Hi Kai Opitz,

I don't think the fact that your field was added via code plays a role in this issue. I checked a few methods and couldn't find a way to achieve your results through Studio. I tried the 2 standard methods:

1. In the Tasks module in Studio, create a 'Relate' field based off the Users module
    2. In the Users module in Studio, create a 1:many relationship to the Tasks module

When trying to set an action in the process definition, neither of the above fields are available to set a value. Researching further, it appears that this feature is tracked by enhancement request # 75336 (you will need to be a support-authorized contact to view this link). I recommend filing a support case pointing to this enhancement so that the Sugar team continually weighs the importance of the feature. 

I cannot think of a straightforward way to work around this within the application, but I think a solution could be developed to associate the approving user to the record via a custom logic hook. If you do not have access to an experienced development team to achieve this, the company I represent, Upsert, can provide the assistance you need.

• Hi Chris,

after you gave me the recommendation to have a look at the Bug / Enhancement Tracker the day before yesterday, I also checked it for this issue here. But I used the wrong keywords, I suppose.

Nonetheless, thanks for your answer and also for trying it yourself here. We will probably have a look at the audit table here to keep track of the approval status field we have added in the Task module.

Many thanks

Kai

• Searching the bugs and enhancements in the portal can take some precision. I try to use terms directly in the application as much as possible since Sugar Support typically references specific elements in their descriptions. For this enhancement, here were the filters I used: