Avoid duplicates with RECORD ID during IMPORT

Hello,

I'm performing a mass updated of my Account Records in Sugar Professional 9.2

I usually use the NAME field to avoid creating duplicates. 

However, this time I want to update a few names so I thought about using the records' IDS.

After extracting via report my Accounts IDs I therefore attempted an import 

However, when getting to the step of defining which field to use to avoid duplicates, Sugar does not suggest me the ID field. 

I've looked into studio and seen that I can't access to the ID Fields settings (to double check that it's included into the available filter fields)

So i've assumed that Sugar would automatically use the field to avoid duplicates. . However it didn't work as well.

Any idea on how to solve the issue?

• Hi Lorenzo Baldari,

Based on the content of your post, it sounds like you might have some sort of customization involved.

Sugar, out of the box, has only ever used ID as the primary keep for updating records. Importing without mapping to ID will make duplicates by design.

Your description that you have updated records by using Name is not possible in the core Sugar application.

If ID is not available in the mapping section of the import wizard, this could be something else custom about your instance.

Not being able to access the ID field in Studio is expected and consistent with core functionality.

While I know this does not answer your question, I hope this helps the conversation.