Ondemand Storage Use

For ondemand SugarCRM instances, we now have the SugarCloud Insights at the top of the Admin page.

This is good and useful, but it does not give us any breakdown of where the records are (i.e. Accounts, Contacts, Emails, etc).

For those of us resellers who have clients in the Ondemand environment, who have gone over their allocated storage amount, this is the sort of information that we could gather in an Onpremise instance using any one of a dozen tools to see the size of the tables (bytes, rows etc) and we could then intelligently work with a few queries to determine what might be purged from the database safely.

So my question is: how can we get similar information for an Ondemand instance?

Thanks in advance,

Ben.

• Hi Ben Hamilton,

SugarCRM Support can access the database of any Sugar Cloud hosted instance and provide sizes and record counts of the largest tables in the discussion about deleting data to reduce an instance's storage size. Support makes the most sense to engage on this topic because their direct database access gives them the best positioning to delete the records defined or run provided SQL scripts.

A significant and far less trivial factor in many recent cases looking to reduce instance size are the gigabytes of files saved in the upload directory of each instance. Most of these files are record attachments associated with:

• Email attachments
    • Note attachments
    • Document revisions
    • custom File-type module attachments

These can be orphaned depending on how the record in the database is deleted. Support has direct file system access to the client's instance and can delete files.

In recent support cases, I have provided the following details about upload directory files in order to assist with the decision-making process about what to delete, and then handled deletions as defined by the clients.

• number of files
    • number of them that are Email attachments
    • number of them that are Notes
    • number of them that are Documents
    • number of them that are KB article attachments
    • number of them that are not any of the above (orphaned or related to a custom module
    • Total storage size of files
    • Oldest file creation date
    • Largest file size
    • other stats about file sizes and creation dates

For security reasons, SugarCRM cannot provide resellers the kind of direct access they might have with On-Site deployments, so support is the resource at this time to assist you with these kinds of data management scenarios. Please file a support case for each of the clients you wish for us to provide you details about.

I hope this helps!

• you can also check your database via advanced reports and run select, update and delete statements :-) might be uncomfortabel but works. Or use REST to do whatever you want