Language issue after upgrade

HI all. 
Recently I've upgraded company Sugarcrm PRO version 7.8.2.1 to 7.9.1.0. 
I used the upgrade wizard and followed the Sugar Professional 7.9 Installation and Upgrade Guide. I checked PHP version with all the settings and modules required, set up mysql version and PHP.INI config. I still using Elasticsearch 1.7.5 version. I checked folder and file permissions several times, and with these checks I performed the upgrade. 

With the Upgrade Wizard everything seems go well but when I tried to go to home page I found this issue: english language was corrupted showing hibrid labels. Standard modules are using italian labels and custom modules use english labels. If I choose the italian language pack, standard modules show english labels and custom modules show raw modules name (ie. scf_model_portfolios instead of Portafogli Modello that is the real programmatical name of the module used in Module Builder). I tried to clear manually the cache folder and do a QRR but nothing has changed. I tried to use Repair JSLanguages but nothing happened. 

Do you have any idea to solve this issue? Are there some best practices to follow when upgrading Sugar with customizations? Upgrade Wizard show some yellow advice for the logic hooks I set up in the system but also told that those modules should have work in Backward Compatibility mode.

Furthermore, after upgrading, Sugarcrm log show two error messages: 

[1792][1][ERROR] Unable to determine best appropriate link for relationship users_team
[1792][1][ERROR] Warning: Multiple links found for relationship users_team within module Users

I was not able to find any documentation about this error so I think It could be due to my customization but I don't know where to look at for corrections. 

I tried to use Repair roles and Repair Teams but with no luck.

Any help will be appreciated. 

Thank you all in advance.

• Hi Federico Ricci,

Unfortunately I think you need to rebuild your language packages. You can collect the existing files and build new language packages following this KB entry: https://support.sugarcrm.com/Documentation/Sugar_Developer/Sugar_Developer_Guide_7.9/Architecture/Extensions/Language/#O…

But maybe devs have a better idea therefore Patrick McQueen can you check and if this is not a known issue, link this topic in dev forum please?

Federico, if you don't get assistance here, provalida GmbH has some scripts in place to solve this so I can send you an offer but I guess you want to try it without spending some bucks ;-)

Regarding the error messages:

1. [1792][1][ERROR] Unable to determine best appropriate link for relationship users_team

see 2 as it is the same cause

2. [1792][1][ERROR] Warning: Multiple links found for relationship users_team within module Users

This is a known issue (ID 82020 - https://portal.sugarondemand.com/index.php#supp_Bugs/e396e056-23f9-11e9-8fb6-02c10f456dba ) which is solved in SugarCRM 9.0. As is is just an ERROR level warning you can ignore it.

Bests

Björn Canales Pfisterer

Technical Support Manager

provalida GmbH

--

https://www.provalida.de

support ( at ) provalida.de

• HI Björn,

thank you very much for your kind reply. I actually working at the language issue to find a solution and I tried to upgrade my original version of Sugar PRo (7.8.2.1) with silent upgrader. Using necessary steps to upgrade php and elasticsearch I actually had been able to join the last version 9.0.2 (Build 191). Looking at the silentupgrade.log, first of all I see tha some upgrading processes tooks a lot of time to complete so some issues I found in web upgrade wizard were surely caused by some timeout in execution script. Fixed this I tried to understand if the Language issues I'm facing depends from this different ways of upgrade, but the passage from 7.8.2.1 to 7.9 still causes the problem. 
    Another test I tried to do It's to load another language pack like the french one. In the latest version of Sugarcrm, french language pack works correctly and the italian one causes a sidecar error that make sugar unavailable. 
    Actually I will continue to investigate and maybe I will found the reason why It doesn't work. 

In your opinion, may a wrong file coding (like AINSI instead of UTF-8) cause this problem?

I will follow up in the next few days.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Federico Ricci

• Hi all,

I'd like to share a follow-up about my experience in upgrading sugar to the latest version for on premises solution. 

First of all, following the Björn Canales Pfisterer advice, I started from scratch with the language pack. 
    Using a PHP script I extract all the files needed for the language pack shown in the Sugar Developer guide here from an old working backup and set up the zip file for another italian language it_Sx. After disabling IT language from admin page and removing from config.php language array, I uploaded the zip file with module loader and successfully installed a brand new lang pack. 
    After that I downloaded all the packages needed for upgrading Sugar from 7.9.1.0 to 9.0.2 and the relatives silentupgrader packages. Then I started to upgrade in silence from prompt and everything goes Well. All the requirements with PHP and MySQL seem to be the same from the previous version to the last except with elasticsearch that needs to be upgraded from 1.7.5 to 5.6.0. Every time I upgraded a release, using root from prompt, folders needed to be chowned to apache user but this were not a problem. 

After all passages, everything works fine so the journey ended. 

The reason why web upgrader doesn't work for me is located in the database upgrades, especially for two main passages:

audit table test when upgrading to version 8 and collation table upgrade when passing to 9. These scripts have taken a lot of time that causes timeout with web interface, broking instances. 

Regards,

Federico