Local Sugar instance started showing blank page and error 500

I have a Sugar Enterprise 9.0 instance that was created from a Sugar Cloud backup and has been running locally in a vagrant box on my PC for the last several months with no problems. Today I started getting a blank white page and an error 500 when trying to open this instance. As far as I know, a blank white page implies a PHP error somewhere. There were no changes made to it (that I know of) between the last time I logged into it successfully about two weeks ago and now. Restarting vagrant and restarting the PC did not help. The sugarcrm.log file shows no errors. There are also no obvious errors in /var/log/syslog. I can ssh into the vagrant box, and I can access the database in PHPStorm. What else can I try to troubleshoot this, short of deleting this instance and creating a new one from a cloud backup?

• Hi Yury Voloshin,

500 internal server error could be due to the syntax error or any other server related errors eg: php version not supported.

You can check /var/log/apache2/error.log (ubuntu) or /var/log/httpd/{error_log_file} (centos) depending upon the OS your vagrant is using. It could also be due to elasticsearch not running.

Do try above options and let us know if this helps.

Regards.

• Thank you hats! Yes, /var/log/apache2/error.log did have an error that came up when I tried to open the instance in the browser. The error was this:

PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required 'modules/ReportSchedules/ReportSchedule.php' (include_path='/vagrant:/vagrant/vendor:.:/usr/share/php') in /vagrant/include/utils/autoloader.php on line 355

The modules/ReportSchedules directory was missing from my code base in the current branch. I have no idea how it disappeared. I copied and pasted the modules/ReportSchedules directory from another branch. After this I was able to log into the instance. 

It still doesn't work quite right. The same error log has this:

PHP Warning:  Declaration of CustomCurrentUserApi::retrieveCurrentUser($api, $args) should be compatible with CurrentUserApi::retrieveCurrentUser(ServiceBase $api, array $args) in /vagrant/custom/clients/base/api/CustomCurrentUserApi.php on line 15, referer: http://localhost:8080/sugar/

Also, Studio doesn't work anymore in this instance. Looks like it became corrupt and I'll have to reinstall it from backup after all.