The formula i am using for a certain date/time field keeps changing when any change is made in the module. What do i need to add to my formula that puts in the day of a dependent checkbox being marked.

We have a checkbox in a module that when checked - sets the date to "today". However, when anything else is changed in that module, the date of the field updates to the new date. We want it to only set once, when the related checkbox is marked. What do i need to add to our logic that fixes this issue?

• Hi Kristin Bayle,

SugarLogic formulas are calculated when record has been changed. On this you don't have a possibility to check if a field has its value changed or not which means a formula will update the field if the condition is met on every save. (you may able to create a formula that sets the date once the condition is met but it will be updated on every save as long as the condition stays true. Don't waste time on trying this)

With SugarBPM (requires SugarCRM Enterprise) you can set a trigger if a field changes "to" a value the first time

and follow with one or many actions like set a field value or adding related records, sending out messages etc...

Bests

Björn Canales Pfisterer

Technical Support Manager

provalida GmbH

• Yes - apologies - i figured out the process definition (advanced workflow) yesterday. Your response is what i did exactly. Thank you.