Calendar: how can I distinguish scheduled calls from calling leads?

Hi!

After been helped really well last time, I have another question. 

Personally I like to use my Sugar calendar like a real calendar, meaning that everything that is in there is an actual appointment at that specific time/date/moment. 

However, when I call a lead and there is no direct follow-up (for example the person is not available, or they ask me to try again next year), I have found no other way than planning a call in the future as a reminder to myself to try again.

This however for me is a call which is not 'set in stone', like the actual calls I use my sugar calendar for. 

Is there any way to seperate these, maybe in calendar as well (for example with colors)? 

Kind regards,

Ronnie 

• Hi Ronnie van der Linden,

If the call is a followup that needs to be done i.e. within the next 7 days and not a specific appointment then use tasks because this is classically the definition of that module.

Tasks can be shown (with their own color -> Hurray!) in the calendar:

Hope that helps!

Bests

Björn Canales Pfisterer

Technical Support Manager

provalida GmbH

• Hi Björn,

Thank you for your tip  

So let me get this clear: the advice is to plan a task to call a lead again at a later point, instead of planning a call as this is no actual appointment? 

Thanks! 

• Yes, when I need to call the lead contact "somewhen" next week but until friday then it is a task (IMO) that can be done at any time but is due on friday.

The task is displayed on its due date in the calendar.

If you have several type of tasks you can ask the admin to add a task type dropdown on tasks for using it on your dashboard to have a better view on upcoming special types of tasks like "my open call tasks +7 days"

Bests

Björn Canales Pfisterer

provalida GmbH

• I understand what you mean, but most of the time when we call leads there is no reason to call them again specifically within the same week. This means sometimes we plan those lead calls further in the future. 

Next to that, I also use the task module a lot for to do's to remind me to fix fixing technical issues the client has with the program we sell. 

This way, I feel the problem only shifts from one spot to another: confusing actuall calls with calling leads in the calendar, to confusing actual tasks with calling leads (again in calendar). Does this make sense?  

Hope you know of an alternative way! Thanks for the help so far. 

Kind regards,

Ronnie 

• I understand. What about creating a new Date field in leads naming it "call reminder date", then creating a list view dashlet on your dashboard showing leads that needs to be called again like within the next 30 days? As soon as a lead appears there you can click on it, give it a call or reschedule.

Bests

Björn Canales Pfisterer

provalida GmbH

• hello Ronnie, Björn,

It seems the challenge of controlling object on particular date become systemic very quickly due to the variety of responsibilities 

Agree with Björn, that Ronnie is able to setup as many due dates as needed in out-of-the-box Sugar and that is flexibility that Sugar is famous for. 

It works perfect for the relatively small number of dates to manage but quickly goes crazy  starting 5-7 of  dates of different type and nature to control in practice

Bjorn, do you remember I showed you how the Need ToDo Viewer helps to overcome that challenge?  
    It gives a prioritized feed for managing all the control dates from one interface - context dashlets, both per object or list of objects.

Here is printscreen from one of my Dashboards from Sugar that I use (sorry for blurs, i must hide sensitive data):

And Need Todos for portfolio of Accounts:

Ronnie, I would suggest involving your CRM admin / CRM owner to deploy addon so you could try this experience,

Have a nice day, guys,

All the best,

Dmytro,

Integros

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com
    We make work in Sugar CRM system faster, more convenient and efficient