How can I seperate scheduled calls, meetings and tasks from 'background' issues?

Hi! 

We currently are using SugarCRM Enterprise for sales, account management and customer support. 

We are a B2B software provider. I'd like to optimise my Sugar experience for my personal role.

We work in such a way that I convert leads to new bussiness and at the same time I am responsible for the account management and renewal of their contracts. 

I use the Sugar calendar quite a lot for scheduled meetings, calls and tasks, and that works like a charm. However, I can't seem to create an overview or workflow for myself where I can view and keep track of current 'issues' for specific accounts (wheter that be a client or lead), WITHOUT planning a call, meeting or task purely as a reminder for myself (so not as an appointment, for what it is actually intended). 

This clogs my calendar and is highly annoying. I'd like a separation between my calendar with only real planned meetings, tasks and calls on one hand, and on the other hand an overview of accounts where there is an issue or that needs focus on the background. 

Can someone help me to create this? Maybe share some tips? 

Thanks massively in advance!

Kind regards,

Ronnie 

• Hi Ronnie,

Yea, thats annoying.
    And workflow wont work: we tried it out for ourselves some years ago

But the good news is that no need to create anything custom.
    Because having both - overview of 'issues' and list of future todos in two hands is possible in Sugar with two addons

Overview future efforts in one hand:
    Need ToDo Viewer (https://integroscrm.com/need-todo-viewer/) provides user with capability to configure feeds and overview all the planned efforts in a form of prioterized feed (both'n'separately - regular activities and just dates to control, e.g. licenses expiration dates, keeping your calendar clean from other activities but regular) per portfolio of Accounts/Leads/Contacts/ect as well as provide structure of such planned efforts.

Overview and manage key events in other hand (prior performing any actions):
    TimeLine Viewer (https://integroscrm.com/timeline-viewer/) provides collecting key events that matter in terms of relationships (you call them 'issues') keeping your focused on them
    And it works for tracking per portfolio or records, e.g. Accounts.

Drop me a line at dmytro.chupylka@integroscrm.com or skype me chupilka_dima and lets find time for demo this week

All the best,

Dmytro Chupylka
    VP consulting for Integros

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com
    We make work in Sugar CRM system faster, more convenient and efficient

• Hi Dmytro,

Thank you for your reply. Is this a paid service? Because then I will spare you time by saying I have no influence on how we use Sugar as a company. I am only an employee trying to make the best out of what we got.

Let me know!

Ron

• Hi Ron,

If you mean paid prof services, then no.

Integros responded on challenge you have faced in Sugar by providing TimeLine Viewer and Need Todo Viewer addons that enhance Sugar user experience and increase user adoption.
    These ready-to-use addons are licensed as low as 6 EUR for user monthly each (10 users min, annual payments), however they are extensions and therefore should be installed into Sugar via Module Loader.

All the best, 

Dmytro

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com

• If it is only for one Module (Accounts), why don't you define a custom reminder_date in studio for Accounts and then define a dashlet on the home page or where else which lists all Accounts sorted by the reminder_date? And by the way you could add another checkbox or dropdown which definies that there is an urgency or even the grad of urgency.

Just try to customize your daily workflow by some new fields.  

Harald Kuske
    Principal Solution Architect – Professional Services, EMEA
    hkuske@sugarcrm.com
    SugarCRM Deutschland GmbH

• Hi Harald,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It indeed only is for one module (accounts in this case). 

As we are poorly informed regarding the possibilities with Sugar (in general, let alone our Enterprise version specific), I have not seen anything refering to 'studio' yet! 

After some research, I believe this is due the fact I am not an admin -_- 

Creating Dashlets etc. is no problem though. 

• Ron, 

Using Studio is metadata configuration that take effect on the whole solution, users do not have access to that until confirmed by responsible person.

Could it be possible for you to draw CRM Owner's attention to the challenge you've faced?

There are links above, also my proposal to make a demo remains valid.

All the best,
    Dmytro

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com

• So perhaps you should collect all your business needs and talk with your admin/developer about these.

Are you operationg your systems by yourself, or is it a cloud instance with no admin/developer support?

Sugar customizations are very easy and mosly with some small extensions you can optimize the usage.

Harald Kuske
    Principal Solution Architect – Professional Services, EMEA
    hkuske@sugarcrm.com
    SugarCRM Deutschland GmbH

• I would agree with Harald that discussing with the person who is responsible for the solution is inevitable.
    However considering the cost of an hour of developer's work in comparison to 6 EUR per user month as well as the risks of influence of the customizations on other users' processes, the option of using ready-to-use addons that enhance Sugar capabilities solving challenges can make sence.

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com

• Hi Ronnie van der Linden,

However, I can't seem to create an overview or workflow for myself where I can view and keep track of current 'issues' for specific accounts (wheter that be a client or lead), WITHOUT planning a call, meeting or task purely as a reminder for myself (so not as an appointment, for what it is actually intended). 

As simple as it is: Cases!

This module is not only for Support, its functionality includes every type of "request" handling and keeping track of it. No matter if your company is using caes or not (your admin should be able to define at least a case type for "customer sales / accounting issue" to separate it from other support team issues) log every issue/request/whatever as a case.

Now go ahead and use listview dashlets to keep track of it.

Ask the admin for a date o date time field to add a "due date" (if you have enterprise it can be made visible only to you via role based views)

Costs: 10 to 30 min of work for the admin

Benefit: a happy sales guy

ps.: Let me know if you need more input on this

Bests

Björn Canales Pfisterer

Technical Support Manager

provalida GmbH

• Hello Björn, 

I can't thank you enough. After some adjustments, I can fully use cases for my account management and stuff that is happening on the background! This finally seperates my agenda and cases that need attention. Life saver!

One question regarding the cases module: I need to let the admin add a 'due date' option. Would this give me a pop up / reminder? Or is it just another way to filter? 

Thank you!