Looking for documentation on 'populate_list'

I've seen references to the 'populate_list' property in various discussion posts, such as here and here. From what I understand, it can be used to automatically fill in the value of a field with the value of a related field from a different module. But I have not been able to find any Sugar documentation on it. Am I missing something, or does the documentation of 'populate_list' really not exist? 

• I've not found much documentation about populate_list and most discussions you will find will be related to the Quotes module or the Lead Conversion.

To the best of my knowledge it is an exclusive property of relate fields, if you go to the file system and look at 

clients/base/fields/relate/relate.js

You will see a comment that it "supports populate_list to update other fields in the current model from other fields of the selected model" and an example of a populate_list array mapping the fields of your current and selected models.

You will also see that the list is used in the updateRelatedFields method to set the values in the target (current model) based on the source (the related model).

You can use the extension framework to add populate_list fields to existing fields if needed, and there are several examples of this for Lead Conversion and Quotes around the community, as you have found.

I know it's not much, but I hope this helps.

FrancescaS