BWC modules don't load on cloned instance

I have attempted to create a sandbox clone of my running SugarCRM 8.1 instance, but I cannot get bwc modules (including administration) to load, not matter what I do. To create the instance, I cloned my existing Ubuntu server at AWS, renamed the instance root folder, and then changed the instance ID and site, server, and RewriteBase references in PHP.INI and .htaccess to match the new server URL and root-folder name. Access to modules that are referenced directly from the root directory (eg home, accounts, opportunities, etc) load and function as they should, but I get a blank screen when trying to load any module that is addressed as {site}/#bwc/....The browser JS console shows security errors for frames that are "sandboxed." I do not see any relevant PHP, Apache, or sugar errors on the server. I have checked and rechecked site and RewriteBase entries and they are all correct, as are permissions for all site files and folders. I have also tried clearing all caches, etc. but to no avail.

Any ideas?

Thanks.