Hi All - Automatic Opportunity Creation on Inbound Outlook Email

Does anyone know if a new Opportunity can be automatically created from an inbound email to an MS Outlook email group?

And if the Opportunity can be opened against a record other than an Account? E.g. a site record (Custom Module)?

Version is Sugar 8.x 

• Take a look at this article.

Regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • If you are OK to archive these emails, then you can configure desired Sugar behavior easily with Logic Builder (tool description is here  https://integroscrm.com/logic-builder/

E.g. I configured sending special emails from the corporate website, and on archiving in Sugar the emails are parced and new custom records are created on the basis of the email content

That is how I was able to add website activity into Sugar reports

Would you describe the whole process you are trying to configure?

All the best,
    Dmytro Chupylka
    dmytro.chupylka@integroscrm.com

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com
    We make work in Sugar CRM system faster, more convenient and efficient

• With SugarCRM Enterprise out of the box abilities you can work with email auto import for cases to import the email into SugarCRM automatically.

1. Import emails into case module (the case can be used as a kind of request to handle the communication): https://support.sugarcrm.com/Knowledge_Base/Email/Automatically_Creating_Cases_From_Inbound_Emails/ 

2. Add a SugarBPM (formerly advanced workflow) to create an Opportunity automatically once a case is created https://support.sugarcrm.com/Documentation/Sugar_Versions/8.0/Ent/Administration_Guide/Advanced_Workflow/Process_Definit…  . You can link this Opportunity to random modules with SugarBMP and add further followup rules etc.

Bests

Björn Canales Pfisterer

Technical Support Manager

provalida GmbH

• Hi Bjorn,

Thank you for your reply and apologies it took me a little while to respond. Work has been busy.

I will take a look at Sugar BPM as you suggest.

The process I am trying to map is relatively simple.  First of all my Db structure is as below:

Accounts ---> site (1 or more) ---> Opportunity (1 or more)

The quoting process I have at the moment is:

Inbound email to "Quotes" email group ---> An opportunity is opened in SugarCRM manually ----> Opportunity assigned to a "site'.  Please note that the opportunity is not assigned to an Account but the site instead.  A site is the child record of an Account.  I would like to automate the opening of an opportunity against a site when an email is sent to the "MS Outlook email group "Quotes". There is no formal format to the emails and they usually contain attachments.

I hope this clarifies.

Kind Regards

Malcolm

• Assuming there could be more than one site per account the possibilities of picking the right site are limited here for a full automatisation. Also getting customer related information from the mail to work with seems to be limited (what about subject? from adress?)

Anyway opening an opp is possible and saves some clicks for the users but the manual review is needed anyway. Might be possible that logic builder from Dmytro Chupylka can assist here alot but this requires a deeper look into the details.

Bests

Björn Canales Pfisterer

Technical Support Manager

provalida GmbH

• Malcolm, how do you identify from received email which site to open opportunity against ?

Best Regards,
    Dmytro Chupylka

integroscrm.com
    We make work in Sugar CRM system faster, more convenient and efficient

• Hi Bjorn and Dmytro,

The emails are not formatted in any way to easily identify the site against which the opportunity is to be opened.  As Bjorn quite rightly pointed out there will be some need for manual intervention.  I am thinking if I create a generic site such as "Company_Opportunity", for example, I can still automate the creation of the opportunity. At least the more tedious task of physically creating the opportunity is automated.  My estimator then simply has to assign it to the correct site.  I at least then minimise the chance of an opportunity being missed in email. 

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts, experience and insights.

Best Regards

Malcolm. 

• Hello! Excuse me, I can't help noticing such an interesting case
    Well, if a human can somehow identify to which site the opportunity must be related, this knowledge may be shared to a system as well

In overall, I suppose this task may be implemented in the following way:

• to create an inbound email account in Sugar
    • to use Logic Builder to implement the following algorithm:
      Create Opportunity when a new email comes to a particular address.
      Then identify to which Site this Opportunity must be related, by checking if there is a site in the text (or probably subject) of the email that is like a Site record in the Sugar (for example, if value in the field Name of record Site is the same as this site is defined in the email subject or text). What I mean that an email body could be parsed if there is a text like http://somesite and matched site record in Sugar.
      If the matched Site was found – relate Opportunity to Site.
    • Otherwise (here SugarBPM process must be created) to assign to an entitled user Activity of manually relating Opportunity to the site.

However it will work if there is no huge number of Sites... What I mean if there is a lot of data, this scenario will cause performance issues.

You know, we are conducting webinars of how to apply advanced Sugar configuration to address different business challenges. May we take your example for the next webinar? So you could see in the action how this task could be solved and implement this solution in your system in case you find it suitable.

• Hi Anastasiia,

Yes please. You are most welcome to take my example for your next seminar.  I am very interested to learn how this may be solved.  Please let me know if there is anything further information you require from me.

Best Regards

Malcolm