Note like attachment functionality for Opportunities

Hello Sugar Experts,

I want Notes attachment like functionality for Opportunities module.

Requirement:

1) I can upload file from create and edit.

2) I can see the file in record view as a link.

3) After clicking on link, the file must download.

I found such functionality in Notes module. But unable to figure out, how to do the same for Opportunities.

Help highly appreciated.

• Can you kindly explain why introducing such feature on Opportunities module?

Regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • André Lopes : Client need a document for Opportunity module.

And suppose, same thing I want in every module. How can I achieve? Is there any way?

• Is that possible?

Yes

Does that make sense?

I don't think so.

A document, or a regular attachment, is not a field of Opportunity, instead it is something you can relate to a Opportunity or to any other module.

That means, an Opportunity can exist without a document and it can get a document assigned to its some time after some steps had been accomplished (Proposal/Price Quote).

Eventually an Opportunity can be created as per a Bid provided by an Account but, in fact, that Bid is not part of the Opportunity at all.

The same apply for several other modules.

This is a business perspective.

In a development perspective, you would need to replicate in the Opportunity a bundle of fields from Documents and there are the challenge:

Which fields from Document should you paste to Opportunity? All of them or just a set of? In this case would you have inside the Opportunity a Document at all or just a piece of?

Eventually you would have a partial document inside the Opportunity (some Document specific fields groupped in a panel) and also a set of Documents assigned to its by subpanels? Don't you think it gets confusing?

Maybe you can create a 1:M relationship between Documents and Opportunities so you can choose/create a Document on creating an Opportunity.

Regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global