AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issues when relating records

Question asked by Matthew Difford on Dec 27, 2018
Latest reply on Dec 28, 2018 by Eugene Bychkov

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, so feel free to let me know if I should be asking this sort of question elsewhere.

I'm using the SugarCRM API SDK, and have managed to get the basic functions working (add, update etc), however I'm struggling when trying to relate a 'Note' to a 'Contact' (for the purposes of adding some extra details to the Contact). From within PHP, when I call the 'linkRecords' function, I get an error response from the API, saying that an invalid request was made. Originally I thought this was to do with the 'deprecated' tag against this function, but got the same response from the relateRecords function. I also get the same response when calling a manual cURL request, not using the SDK.

The interesting thing is when running the exact same call using an extension for testing REST API calls, the function is called correctly, and creates the relevant relationship between the two records.

Has anyone had a similar issue, where a certain request is being rejected when using the SDK, but not when testing using an external REST API tester? Or any ideas for what could be causing my issue.

Thanks in advance, and again, apologies if this isn't the correct place to ask this.

Outcomes