Emails sent from advanced workflow end event have blank fields

We have a process definition which triggers off record creation in a custom module. If we send an email from a "message" event, it works fine. The email can include fields from the main module and any related modules.

However, if we send the message from the end event, the fields will only be populated on the primary/triggering module. We can include fields from related modules, but they just show up as blank in the email.

Has anyone seen this behavior? We could just send the emails from message events, but they don't translate to the receiving user's language unless they're part of the end event. We are on 8.0.1.

• Hi Aaron Kerr,

To rule out a product defect in both 8.0.1 and 8.0.2, I performed the following steps in a stock instance:

1. Create a Process Email Template targeting the Accounts module with the following in the body:

Account Name: {::Accounts::name::}

Assigned User department: {::assigned_user_link::department::}

Member Of: {::member_of::name::}

2. Ensure system SMTP settings are working

3. Create a simple process targeting Accounts with:

Start Event applies to all updates with no criteria

Send Message event using above template To manually entered email address.

End Event set to send a message using above template To manually entered email address.

4. Ensure my user has a value in Department field of user profile

5. Update an Account, ensuring it is assigned to my user and has an Account populating the Member Of field.

6. Ensure the process runs by tracking in Process Management

7. Monitor the inbox of the manually entered email.

8. Open both emails.

Results (as expected):

Both emails contain the values populated by the related modules.

It does not look at though the issue is simply that End Events do not include related modules. Something else appears to be a factor in your experience, and additional testing can help isolate the root cause.

I hope this helps.

• I Also have the Same Issue in subscription module receiving the mail in that mail some fields show up as blank in the email remaining everything works fine ....  like this 

Customer Name: 
    Contact Name: 

Product Name: 
    Quantity: 40

Date Sold: 27/06/2016
    Service End:  31/01/2017

and i am using version 7.8.2.0