AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to display Custom Exception in UI Record/List/subpanel view

Question asked by Aravind Kumar on Sep 27, 2018
Latest reply on Oct 8, 2018 by Francesca Shiekh

Hi all,

I have created a Custom Exceptions using sugarcrm document here but I can't able to display the custom error message for it.

I have created a message for Error code 403. Similar to the following:

class cstmSugarApiExceptionError extends SugarApiException{    
public $httpCode = 403;   
public $errorLabel = 'my_error';   
public $messageLabel = 'EXCEPTION_CSTM_LABEL_KEY';
}

I can able to see the custom error in developer console of my web browser but I get a general error message.    

`Page does not exist or you do not have permission to access this page.`  but I'm trying to show my custom error message in the UI, Is there any way to do it?

I tried the following:

When checking how sugar handles it I can see in `src/clients/base/views/record/record.js` on initialize 

this.alerts

showNoAccessError is called to show the general message.  In my scenario I'm trying to throw the exception when saving the record, so the "_saveModel" in record.js is called wherein the `error.status === 403` is commonly checked and the message is not used for display error in the UI.

I can change the core to handle the custom error but I'm not happy to do it. So is there any other way to do it?

Questions:

1. How to show custom exception message in UI?

2. How to write the solution in one place so we can show the error message in List/Record/Create/Subpanel view.? 

Outcomes