AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to merge two Accounts with many related records

Question asked by sonesay inthavong on Aug 27, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 7, 2018 by ted moriello

Hi all

I'm trying to use Sugar's built in merge function to merge two accounts. The problem I have is they both have many related records with them. The second account in particular has around 400 related records in one module and 300 in another so maybe about 700 related records that need to also be linked to the final merged Account. 

The merge function from the client's perspective seems to time out after 3 minutes exactly but the backend php process seems to run until its timeout period is set then outputs 

[Thu Aug 23 16:22:34.098574 2018] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 29093:tid 139772127278848] (70007)The timeout specified has expired: [client 210.48.40.90:13249] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : (polling), referer: https://sales.....

We've changed this timeout to be 5 minutes, 10 minutes, 30 minutes but it still doesn't seem long enough and the merge never completes. The two accounts still exists and they still have their related records attached them them.

Is there a way to solve this problem? How easy would it be to turn this merge process to make it run the in the backend so the user doesn't have to wait but yet see the UI complete. i.e merge the account first then schedule the related records to transfer over in the background.

Thanks

Outcomes