AnsweredAssumed Answered

SugarCRM 8.0.1 not recognizing increase in limit of total fields in Elasticsearch 5.6.9 index

Question asked by magarenzo on Aug 1, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 1, 2018 by magarenzo

In SugarCRM 8.0.1, I am trying to schedule a full system index, but I am running into the following error in the SugarCRM error log:

[FATAL] Elasticsearch request failure: Limit of total fields [1000] in index [my_index] has been exceeded

I am connected to a service running Elasticsearch 5.6.9 on another machine. There, I ran the following command to increase the service's field limit:

curl -XPUT 'localhost:9200/my_index/_settings' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
"index.mapping.total_fields.limit": 10000
}
'

I know that this command is sticking because in return after running it I get this:

{"acknowledged":true}

And if I run the following...

`curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/my_index/_settings?pretty'`

...this is part of what is returned:

"my_index" : {
   "settings" : {
      "index" : {
         "mapping" : {
            "total_fields" : {
               "limit" : "10000"
            },

All looks well, but I am still getting the same error back in my SugarCRM error log after trying to run the full system index again.

Are there any steps I am missing to make sure SugarCRM recognizes the new field limit? I have tried running a quick repair & rebuild and refreshing my cache in Sugar, but to no avail.

I also know that restarting my Elasticsearch service is no use because the PUT request I am running to increase the new field limit is only for the currently running service; if I restart it, I'd have to put in the PUT request again, so that would be redundant.

Outcomes