SugarCRM 8.0.1 not recognizing increase in limit of total fields in Elasticsearch 5.6.9 index

In SugarCRM 8.0.1, I am trying to schedule a full system index, but I am running into the following error in the SugarCRM error log:

[FATAL] Elasticsearch request failure: Limit of total fields [1000] in index [my_index] has been exceeded

I am connected to a service running Elasticsearch 5.6.9 on another machine. There, I ran the following command to increase the service's field limit:

curl -XPUT 'localhost:9200/my_index/_settings' -H 'Content-Type: application/json' -d'
{
"index.mapping.total_fields.limit": 10000
}
'

I know that this command is sticking because in return after running it I get this:

{"acknowledged":true}

And if I run the following...

`curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/my_index/_settings?pretty'`

...this is part of what is returned:

"my_index" : {
   "settings" : {
      "index" : {
         "mapping" : {
            "total_fields" : {
               "limit" : "10000"
            },

All looks well, but I am still getting the same error back in my SugarCRM error log after trying to run the full system index again.

Are there any steps I am missing to make sure SugarCRM recognizes the new field limit? I have tried running a quick repair & rebuild and refreshing my cache in Sugar, but to no avail.

I also know that restarting my Elasticsearch service is no use because the PUT request I am running to increase the new field limit is only for the currently running service; if I restart it, I'd have to put in the PUT request again, so that would be redundant.