AnsweredAssumed Answered

[Loading more results] for related fields (Account name) does not load additional 5 records but keep sending API requests non-stop. what may cause the issue?

Question asked by Ron Lesh on Jul 29, 2018
Latest reply on Aug 13, 2018 by Ron Lesh

[Loading more results] for related fields (Account name) does not load additional 5 records but keep sending API requests non-stop. what may cause the issue? no console errors, no php errors, all API requests response 200 fine.

we have encountered an very annoying issue which cause the entire module cannot work properly after upgrade from 7.8.2 to 7.9.4.

the Account Name related field in Cases module. As you know, when typing any characters, it will present auto-complete drop-down select options, it loads 5 records by default, and if you scroll your mouse down to the fifth, it automatically trigger "loading more results" which would send API request to get additional 5 records and append to the drop-down options. It works fine for the Account Name field in other modules, such as Contacts module. However, in our Cases module, it keeps sending API requests to load more 5 records non-stop, every request response status was 200, however, it does not append to the drop-down but keep sending new requests.

*** when we were at 7.8.2, although the loading more results also have problem but at that time the collection seems not updated so when select any option, everything still works. BUT after we upgrade to 7.9.4, we no longer can select the record properly. 

The blocking problem is although the visible content of drop-down options does not change, the "collection" behind it seems have been updated. when we try to select any of the record, system through error to console: "Cannot read property 'id' of undefined ". the reason is it failed to get the module from current collection.
"var model = collection.get(id);
attributes.id = model.id;"

Since these are sugar stock feature and codes, i am not sure what cause the problem. Do you guys know what might cause this? I will attach a screen shot for you to better understand how does the problem looks like.

thank you very much for checking my questions, any help is very much appreciated.

cheers,

Marc

Outcomes