After fetch related beans and update some fields and fetch again gives old records

in_customer_bean = BeanFactory::getBean("IN_Customers",$customer_id);

if ($in_customer_bean->load_relationship('in_locations')) {

$relatedBeans = $in_customer_bean->in_locations->getBeans();

foreach(  $relatedBeans  as key => $value){

$value->name = abc;

$value->save();

}
               $relatedBeans2 = $in_customer_bean->in_locations->getBeans();

// Now this beans get me old recoard not updated.

return $relatedBeans;

}

• Are you doing this in a logic_hook? 

There are a couple of things to check:

- You probably did this already but, check that you are actually looping through related beans, if you relationship name is not correct you won't loop through at all.

- I assume you are not looking at your return value to determine what you get, since you are still returning the old bean $relatedBeans, not the one you got after the update $relatedBeans2

- you may be running into caching issues, the system retrieves what is in the cache and perhaps the beans have not been updated in cache?

When you retrieve a newly saved Bean in a logic hook, for example, you need to tell it explicitly to ignore the cache.

For example:

$cs = BeanFactory::retrieveBean('Cases', $case_id, array('use_cache' => false));

Perhaps try loading the relationship again, re-loading the relationship may give you the latest values

if ($in_customer_bean->load_relationship('in_locations')) {

$relatedBeans2 = $in_customer_bean->in_locations->getBeans();

}

I hope this helps,

Francesca

• Hi Francesca,

I'm also faced same scenario i.e retrieveBean() returns old bean values instead of latest values from database.

Adding 'use_cache' => false helped me on this case. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

Regards,

Selva