AnsweredAssumed Answered

running sugarcrm CE 6.5.24 on PHP 7.1.14

Question asked by Asaf Army on Mar 10, 2018
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2018 by Asaf Army

Hello everyone,

we are working for years with SugarCRM 6.5.24 CE and loving it!

i really really MUST switch my server from Centos 6.4 with PHP 5.3.3 to Centos 7.4 with PHP 7.1.14

i read online, that CE version does not support PHP 7.1.14 but i really have to make it work!

i know sugarcrm code very well and doesn't need an upgrade safe solution.

When running the basic 6.5.24 version the login and homepage are displayed ok. but when entring any of the modules, 

i get a blank screen and lots of server warnings like:

Declaration of SugarEmailAddress::save($id, $module, $new_addrs = Array, $primary = '', $replyTo = '', $invalid = '', $optOut = '', $in_workflow = false) should be compatible with SugarBean::save($check_notify = false

Declaration of Person::create_export_query(&$order_by, &$where, $relate_link_join = '') should be compatible with SugarBean::create_export_query($order_by, $where)

Declaration of User::retrieve($id, $encode = true, $deleted = true) should be compatible with Person::retrieve($id = -1, $encode = true, $deleted = true)

i made them disappear , by changing PHP.ini 

;error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED & ~E_STRICT

error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED

and restarting APache server.

but that is not it. the blank screen is from a different error i cant see....

does anyone know where the error should be?

did anyone heard about people who done this before and succeeded?

is there a demo project of CE that works with advanced PHP versions, that someone done before?

if i solve all these warnings? will i run sugarcrm smoothly?

any tip will do!

i need the best minds on this, because if i'll make it work, i can publish it and help others

Outcomes