AnsweredAssumed Answered

Potential Bug: 7.9 Quote Currency on Line Item not working

Question asked by Aravind Kumar on Feb 23, 2018
Latest reply on Sep 14, 2018 by Steve Silliker

Following is the scenario in which i'm facing issues with currency.

STEPS to Reproduce:

- Created a Quote

- Currency is USD in quote.

- Added line items and saved.

- The quote shows in USD.

- Editing the same Quote

- Changed Currency to EUR

- Upon adding new Line item, The line items showing in USD

- Saved the quote and checked back again and can confirm it still in USD.

- Opened the `Line item` from Quote and changed the Unit Price of the line item to EUR

- Refreshed and checked back on Quote it shows in EUR. The product in the line items.

Is it a bug? As my Quote Currency is EUR my line items still created in USD. Check attached Screenshot.

If you see the above screen Leonida Gadget is the one i created when the Quote Currency is EUR. And it is the one I changed separately as EUR in product module and refreshed. Following is the screenshot of it before changing.

Before Currency Change in Product Module

Is this sugar Behaviour?

SOLUTION: 

I have come up with a solution by adding a before_save HOOK in Product Module. To set the Quote currency_id to the Product currency_id upon save and it solved the issue. 

Is the above Scenario comes under the following know issues?

**Known Issues SugarCrm 7.10**

68979 : Changing the currency of a quote multiple times may introduce rounding errors to the line item price fields.

67186 : The View Change Log in module records (e.g. Quotes, Opportunities) may incorrectly reflect the original system currency (US Dollar) for currency fields even though the default system currency has been changed (e.g. Euro) in Admin > Locale.

**Known Issues SugarCrm 7.10.2**

79344 : The quoted line item total may not respect the user's preferred currency as expected.

**Known Issues SugarCrm 7.11**

68979 : Changing the currency of a quote multiple times may introduce rounding errors to the line item price fields.

67186 : The View Change Log in module records (e.g. Quotes, Opportunities) may incorrectly reflect the original system currency (US Dollar) for currency fields even though the default system currency has been changed (e.g. Euro) in Admin > Locale.

Outcomes