I'm using a Process Definition to send out a password to each new step in our 12 Step program every 30 days.
Start event = Subscription of X name is added, Send an e-mail with Step 1 Password. Wait 30 days. Send an e-mail with Step 2 Password. (Rinse, repeat for the next 10 months)
If the client quits the program before completion of their 12-month commitment, we do not want any additional password emails to go out.
I'm trying to figure out how to build that into the workflow. I think I'd use a Gateway but the documentation I've found online has left me scratching my head.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
- Solution- in between each e-mail/30 day wait period, add an exclusive Gateway.
- The direction of the gateway is = diverging.
- Convert = Exclusive.
- Default flow = none.
- Once the gateway is added to the board, draw a line connecting it to the "Wait 31 Days" icon as pictured below.
- Draw an additional line connecting the Exclusive event to the end event. Right-click End event and click "terminate process" and the result. You can only edit the settings of the Exclusive Gateway AFTER you connect the Exclusive gateway to an end event and the next step in the process. This is where I got confused.
- Right-click the exclusive event (gold triangle), click settings.
- Criteria to move forward with sending the next email is "Status (of subscription) is equal to Current"
- Criteria (End Event number 1) is "Status (of subscription) is equal to Canceled"