I want to create a combination field for another address. How do i do that?
Hi Oveld Lopez Perez,
Can you please provide a little more information on your business requirement? What are you trying to do that would require creating a second address field?
At this time it is not possible to group custom address fields in the layout (documented in enhancement request 35752), but if we have more information then we may be able to help meet your requirement using a different method.
Hi Oveld Lopez Perez,
I successfully did the following in an Enterprise 18.104.22.168 instance:
1. Navigate to Admin > Studio > Contacts > Fields
2. Click 'Add Field' to create a new field.
Data Type: Address
Field Name: third
3. Save the new field (this results in an entire set of fields like: third_street_c, third_city_c, etc.)
4. Navigate to Admin > Studio > Contacts > Layouts > Record View
5. Add a new row to the layout under the row containing Primary Address and Alternative Address.
6. Add only third_street_c to the new row.
7. Click 'Save & Deploy' to apply these changes
8. In the file system, navigate to custom/modules/Contacts/clients/base/views/record/record.php
9. Locate the following array:
2 => array ( 'name' => 'third_street_c', 'studio' => 'visible', 'label' => 'LBL_THIRD_STREET', ),
10. Change the above array to:
2 => array ( 'name' => 'third_address', 'type' => 'fieldset', 'css_class' => 'address', 'label' => 'LBL_THIRD_ADDRESS', 'fields' => array ( 0 => array ( 'name' => 'third_street_c', 'css_class' => 'address_street', 'placeholder' => 'LBL_THIRD_STREET', ), 1 => array ( 'name' => 'third_city_c', 'css_class' => 'address_city', 'placeholder' => 'LBL_THIRD_CITY', ), 2 => array ( 'name' => 'third_state_c', 'css_class' => 'address_state', 'placeholder' => 'LBL_THIRD_STATE', ), 3 => array ( 'name' => 'third_postalcode_c', 'css_class' => 'address_zip', 'placeholder' => 'LBL_THIRD_POSTALCODE', ), 4 => array ( 'name' => 'third_country_c', 'css_class' => 'address_country', 'placeholder' => 'LBL_THIRD_COUNTRY', ), ), ),
11. Save these changes
12. In the file system, navigate to custom/Extension/modules/Contacts/Ext/Language/en_us.lang.php
13. Add the following row:
$mod_strings['LBL_THIRD_ADDRESS'] = 'Third Address';
14. Save these changes
15. In the application, run a Quick Repair and Rebuild
16. Check a Contacts record to confirm the field block appears as desired.
Retrieving data ...