AnsweredAssumed Answered

Optimization help for a newbie

Question asked by Anthony Meyer on Aug 17, 2017
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2017 by Anthony Meyer

Hey all. I'm new at a company that uses SugarCRM and was asked to look at some general performance issues. I'm not familiar with Sugar, so where would you suggest I start? I'm looking for literally ANY ideas. I'm still acclimating to the system and am in no way an expert at database dev work. I'm intermediate at best, but I'm used to working in Oracle, so Sugar's structure is completely foreign. I've looked over some of the other forum posts, but I have absolutely no idea where to actually begin. Thank you in advance for all of your help!!

Edit: I guess I should be more specific. To my understanding, the most results our queries are bringing back right now is something like 15-20k, but it's taking anywhere from 8-15 seconds to return the data, which isn't good. I've been told that some of the fields have been indexed, but haven't had a chance to look into them. The server we're running it on isn't really that bad, but queries returning that amount shouldn't take that long to return. When looking at the actual timing of the queries, it looks like the writes are what's taking the longest to execute. I have absolutely no idea where to start to fix issues like this.

Outcomes