The option {silent:true} doesn't seem to turn off the "change" event in Sugarcrm 7.8

Hi Guys,

So i wanted to change the display value of a field. I've placed the code after the sync event ( this.model.on('sync', <function>, this); ). On the <function>, i've added the code: this.model.set(<key>,<value>,{silent:true}). The silent value was set so that the pop (unsaved changes) doesn't appear. This was working previously before the upgrade to 7.8 but now it doesn't.

Aside from the change event that is still running, the value also isn't being set. If i remove the option for silent, then the value of the model would be set properly (but the change event is still running)

• As far as I know, this should just be all default Backbone.js behavior. I'm not aware of any modifications here.

Maybe a dumb question but the set() function supports both set(key, value, options) and set({key: value}, options). If the first argument is an object then it'll assume the set({key: value}, options) format which would send things awry.

App Ecosystem @ SugarCRM