Adding contacts to a target list - only single selection available

Hi,

I wanted to raise a question/issue that has frustrated one of my SugarCRM clients.

In a Target List, you can "Link Existing Records" to the list.

When we link Leads, Targets, Users or Accounts, we get CHECKBOXES, where you can select multiple records to add. This is good.

But when you link Contacts you get a RADIO buttons, and can only add one record at a time. This is frustrating.

The work-around has been to select Contacts from the Contact Module record list, then "Add To Target List". This way we can select multiple Contacts at once.

My question - Is there a setting or way we can get CHECKBOXes in to show for Contacts when "Linking An Existing Record" from a Target List?

It's an On-Demand deployment, version 7.8.2.1.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

• Hi Gary Smart 

I believe someone customized the view selection-list for Contacts under ProspectLists once the default  behavior is a multi selection list.

I just tested it on fresh installations of ENT 7.8.2.1 and 7.9,1.0. 

Kind regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • Hi,

Thanks, but I do not really understand what you mean.

Can you provide me any more information/pointers on how I get the the multi-select to work?

You mention ProspectLists, however, we have not made any changes to any files such as ProspectLists.php

Thanks again,

Gary.

• ProspectLists is the real module behind the module label Target List.

Definitely something has changed.

According to my research it seems the panel-top-for-prospectlists for Contacts has been customized the way the button 'select_button' has a new type instead of 'link-action'. The button type 'link-action' (defined at clients/base/fields/link-action) implements the layout 'multi-selection-list-link' where you can select several records from rendered list, but somehow it has changed for Contacts subpanel under ProspecLists.

Regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • Thanks, that's a great help to start investigating what's going on in our instance.

Gary.

SOLUTION

We had a default Contact level filter defined in custom/modules/Contacts/clients/base/fields/link-action.js that was being used across all modules. It was built from a code sample that was most likley copied and pasted from the Sugar support docs.

Changing the layout property as below gave us multi-selection again.

app.drawer.open({    
        layout: 'multi-selection-list-link, <!---- CHANGED THIS from selection-list (Radio buttons) to multi-selection-list-link (Checkboxes).  
           context: {       
               module: 'Accounts',
               filterOptions: filterOptions,
               parent: this.context
         }
    });