Dashlet Performance Issue

Performance Issue:
Created List View Dashlet for 20 Records takes more than one minute to load for regular users, but for admin users its taking only 4 seconds.Kindly advice to increase the performance as its very lazy to load all the list view module dashlet.

Is There any way to bypass check acl for regular users?   Any help appreciated.

• Hi Ragukumar Marimuthu,

I would recommend to dig deep and look at the real cause of the slowness issue. If the dashlet is a list of records, the same slowness might apply on listviews for the non-admin users, so it is definitely worth a deeper look.

I have no knowledge if the instance is hosted on-premises or on-demand, I will assume it is an on-premise installation.

Start by looking at the slow queries (set SugarCRM to log slow queries over 2 seconds, and your database to do the same at its layer).

Then monitor the database infrastructure to make sure it is sized correctly for the data size and traffic you have.

After you confirmed that the database infrastructure is big enough, investigate the usage of Team security (Are normal users leveraging it? How many teams are available in the system? Is it used correctly for the use-case?)

There are some options to tweak settings on the Team security queries (see my blog post here: http://enricosimonetti.com/sugarcrm-team-security-query-caching/ ) that might or might not be suitable for your database configuration depending on the setup and needs.

Unless your non-admin users are NOT using Team security at all, I would highly discourage you from disabling that functionality for obvious reasons.

Next step would be to analyse the root cause of the slowness of the query (eg: query is filtered or ordered by a field that is not indexed) and tune the database accordingly or remove the field search whichever might be the more suitable approach for the use case.

Hope it helps you with your performance tuning excercise

--

Enrico Simonetti

Sugar veteran (from 2007)

www.naonis.tech

Feel free to reach out for consulting regarding:

• API Integration and Automation Services
    • Sugar Architecture
    • Sugar Performance Optimisation
    • Sugar Consulting, Best Practices and Technical Training
    • AWS and Sugar Technical Help
    • CTO-as-a-service
    • Solutions-as-a-service
    • and more!

All active SugarCRM certifications

Actively working remotely with customers based in APAC and in the United States

• Hi Ragukumar Marimuthu,

In addition to above, please check if there are lots of dashlets on users dashboard separate them using dashboards, each dashlet must have minimum records to display by default which reduces load time and you may use filters later when you want to use specific dashlet, 

one other thing you can check, non admin user have no rights on some fields which are added to dashlet.