AnsweredAssumed Answered

Please help with setting up a non-email based campaign

Question asked by Patrick Redd on Jul 21, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 27, 2017 by Nathaniel Ray

Hello.  I'm l looking for help setting up a non-email based campaign.  At least I think that is the best way to do what I want to do.

I want to tag a group of Contacts in Sugar that are receiving a direct mail campaign.  For example, we are sending a direct mail piece today to 3000 contacts.   We pulled the list from Sugar, exported to Excel. We eliminated groups of contacts by job title, until we got down to 3000.  We sent that list to our direct mail vendor.  So I have an Excel spreadsheet of exactly 3000 records who are receiving the diret mail piece.  There is a column in the Excel spreadsheet for the Sugar CONTACT ID.  In Sugar, I want to record, and later be able to report on, the fact that we sent those 3000 contacts a direct mail piece on 07/21/2017.  Later this month I will want to do the same thing with a group of Leads.  Then in 2-4 weeks there will be another one for Contacts.  And another one for Leads, etc.

Is tracking these direct mail sends as "campaigns" that best way to "tag" each if the Contacts or Leads who are direct mail recients?  If so, how do I go about setting up that campaign, and make sure the correct 3000 are on the Target List, since the final list is in Excel?

If tracking via Campaigns is not the best way, what is the best way?

- Track it as an "activity"?

- Track it by creating a "call" entited "direct mail"?

- Something else?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Outcomes