can someone help me pls?! i am new in sugarcrm ce and i know a bit of php

i have tried many things and i have checked others post but they are kind advance for my knowledge on this. how can i create a dropdown dependent step by step, i am new in sugar and i know a bit of php. im running sugarcrm ce v 6.5.22  in centos, i have creater 2 dropdown independent but i dont know how to linked both and the path to check where the codes are.  keep in mind i am new in this. this is a task for school. your help will be really appreciate.

• Hi josh avila 

Dependent Dropdown is only supported on edition PRO or higher, so you would need to create such dependency by hand, which requires javascript knowledge.

I had implemented in the past the DevToolKit, which enables developers to implement some customization with just a little of coding, like dependent dropdown, conditional visible fields, conditional editable fields, masked fields and some other features.

Find attached an installer for the DevToolKit.

Kind regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • thank you andres for your quick respond .

i have installed DevToolKit already but its not working, i have the js code implemented already as well, maybe i have it in the wrong path or folder.  can you tell me step by step how and where to do it?

i have 2 dropdowns. 

1-Tema de la llamada =>(ConnectMiles, Equipaje, Reservas, Información General)

2-Subtema llamada=>(this one should appear once "Tema de la llamada" is clicked)

*ConnectMiles => "información de acreditación de millas and Homologación estatus";

*Equipaje, Reservas =>  "Consulta sobre franquicia and Consulta sobre objetos especiales"; 

*Información General => "Consulta sobre franquicia and Consulta sobre objetos especiales" ;

pls, i really need help. pls...

• dont include 'Reservas'

and *Información General => "Consultas de información de oficinas o estaciones and Consulta de políticas y procedimientos" ;

---------------------------------------------

i have created 3 lists: 

Connect_Miles_list =>  "información de acreditación de millas and Homologación estatus"

Equipaje_list => "Consulta sobre franquicia and Consulta sobre objetos especiales"

Reservas_list => "Consultas de información de oficinas o estaciones and Consulta de políticas y procedimientos"

i have my js code in 

path: SugarCRM\custom\modules\aff_ClienteCopa\metadata

<?php
    $update_dropdown_field_defs = array(
    'tema_llamada' => array(
    '' => array('sub_tema_llamada' => 'lista_vacia_list'),
    'Connect_Miles' => array('sub_tema_llamada' => 'Connect_Miles_list'),
    'Equipaje' => array('sub_tema_llamada' => 'Equipaje_list'),
    'Información_General' => array('sub_tema_llamada' => 'Información_General_list'),
    ),
    );

?>

Alex NassiMadalina PapacicaAndré LopesDev Club

• Do you mean a Dynamic Dropdown where the second dropdown options depend on what is selected on the dropdown before it?

• Hi Mitchell Edwards 

Yes, that is it.

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • Cool, in Studio > Dropdown Editor, Create 2 Dropdown Lists

for example:

1)

food

drink

2)

food_pizza

food_hotdog

drink_fanta

drink_pepsi

3) Then go in Fields in your Module and Create a DropDown Field, select the list you created in step 1 above, give the dropdown a name and save it.

Next create a Dynamic Dropdown, select the list you created in step 2 above, also fill in Parent Dropdown with the Field Name for the Dropdown created in Step 3, the field name will have _c at the end, for example if you called your dropdown 'Takeaway Type' in step 3 it might be called takeaway_c.

Note how I've named the dropdown options in step 2, the prefix has to match the values from the list in step 1, followed by a _.

Next add both dropdowns to your layout in Studio > Module Name > Layout