AnsweredAssumed Answered

Process business rule to map regions to sales team

Question asked by Shannon Warren on May 31, 2017
Latest reply on May 31, 2017 by Shannon Warren

Is there a way to do some type of lookup in PBRs? Here is the scenario: I have 1000 metro areas in my system in a custom module with fields (name, metro_id, etc) . Each metro area is mapped to two teams (small biz team & enterprise team). I have users assigned to each team.

What I need to do is when a lead comes in with a metro area assigned and a business type "small biz" I want to do a PBR that will return the correct team. Small biz lead with a LA metro would return the team "small biz west region team", Enterprise lead from NY would map the NY Metro and return "enterprise Northeast region team".

I know how to do this if you have a small amount of matches like the state example that Sugar has. But when you have hundreds or even thousands of possibilities this become unmanageable and I would like to keep from writing a logic hook.

It would be nice if I could say " look for a matching metro, find the teams assigned that metro area, match only the one that equals the business type".

I thought I could do this but not sure how to make it return the team id to use in the Process Definitions. The other issue is I can't find a way to link the metro area (CBSA module) to the "teams". Teams is not an available option in the relationship builder.

Attachments

Outcomes