Building hierarchies with the "Reports To" field to process commissions (yikes!)

I'm looking to construct relational/tree hierarchies within Sugar.  Are there additional fields like "Reports To" that track relational hierarchies?  How many levels will "Reports to" track?  I need to track hierarchies of Contacts, not just users/teams.  

Use case: Entries at the bottom of the tree get (X%) of the commission on a sale, each level up in the tree gets (0-x%) until the final, top, level is paid out the remainder of the commission.  It is possible for us to have upwards of 6 tree levels.  When a product is sold, it will check who the sale agent was and then "print" out the full hierarchy for validation.  Each level has it's own commission % which will be validated at each print step.  If all print steps are valid up to the top level (us), then it will create a payout record for that sale with the print steps broken down for "easy" payout by accounts payable.  

Issue: I need a field that tracks a relational hierarchy so that I can automate commission reconciliation by referencing accounts up and down the hierarchy tree during the validation process.  

Thank you in advance for helping me start this substantial undertaking