PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class TrimText in /custom/modules/Accounts/trim_text.php on line 15

When trying to convert a lead i click on the save contact button and i get a white screen and the apache log shows the below

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot redeclare class TrimText in /var/www/virtual/crm.hardent.com/custom/modules/Accounts/trim_text.php on line 15

I am using Version 6.5.20 (Build 1001) on CentOS release 5.4

Any ideas , i am so very new to SugarCRM

Thanks!

• Hi Rob Morin 

The script /var/www/virtual/crm.hardent.com/custom/modules/Accounts/trim_text.php is being included twice on saving the Contact/Account.

Can you provide us the content of such script and also can you scan your SugarCRM instance looking for any reference to such script?

Best regards

André Lopes
    Lampada Global
  • In versions 7.9 and beyond, I faced a similar error.

After issuing

$grep -rnw . -e 'class class_name'

I have found something like

./modules/class_name/class_name.php:16:class class_name extends class_name_sugar {
    ./custom/modulebuilder/builds/class_name/SugarModules/modules/class_name/class_name.php:16:class class_name extends class_name_sugar {

So we had 2 classes under the sugarCRM root

for custom packages, this issue was linked to the composer.json .

Solving

It was necessary updating it as following:

In file "composer.json" (root directory) locate the "exclude-from-classmap" array and add an entry of:
    "/custom/modulebuilder/**"

In SugarCRM root dir, run "composer update -o --no-dev" to deploy the new dependencies.

Clear the cache folder

And that was it! 

I would like to thanks the SugarCRM Support Team who came out with the solution.

• Die Lösung ist OK, nur funktioniert sie nicht, wenn der Server nicht erreichbar ist. Composer meldet:

[Composer\Downloader\TransportException] The "https://satis.sugardev.team/packages.json" file could not be downloaded: failed to open stream: Ein Verbindungsversuch ist fehlgeschlagen, da die Gegenstelle nach einer bestimmten Zeitspanne nicht richtig reagiert hat, oder die hergestellte Verbindung war fehlerhaft, da der verbundene Host nicht reagiert hat.