I have an odd request from my sales team and I'm not sure I can do that. We do segment our accounts (companies) per status. We have a dropdown that shows several value.
We would like to do the same for our contacts in order to target our audience in a more effective way.
We are a small group with 3 different entities that we can call A, B and C
For example :
- John (contact) works for Company 1
- Company 1 has the following status : Client C and Prospect A (multiple value from dropdown)
In the contact module, under John, we would like to have a calculated field that would do the following :
- check the value returned in Company 1 Status dropdown
- As we have 2 values (Client C and Prospect A), Client takes the lead
- Therefore, the calculated field should return "Client" under Max
If the value in Company x is either client or prospect, it should then return "none" in the contacts module.
Basically, we are segmenting are contacts with 3 values : client, prospect, none
We need it to appear in the contacts module but calculated from the status field that appears in the companies module
Is there a way to have a formula that would check the value entered in a field, if it sees "client x" than it returns client, if it sees "prospect x" only, then it returns "prospect" and if it sees none of the 2 it simply returns "none" ?
Sounds weird I know but I'm gladly looking forward to hearing from you guys.
I thought about using the
ifElse(equal(getDropdownValue but not sure how to implement it.