Currency field seize cannot be changed

Hello everyone!

I have a simple problem for which hopefully there is a simple solution !

I want to set the size of a currency field to "xxsmall" or even smaller via custom size in Studio. The field size however doesn't change when I do that.

I tried dragging the field smaller in the listview of my module, but this also doesn't work, it just stays the same size.

Thanks in advance for any input on this topic!

Robert

• Hi Robert Schrepfer,

Have you tried quick repair rebuild after changes are done, clear cache too may be due to that it may not be visible, try in incognito mode.

• Hi Hemant!

Neither of these 2 solutions fix the problem unfortunately.

The problem seems to be that the currency field has 2 ways of showing the amount of dollars/euros. First in standard plain text and next to it with a grey box surrounding the amount.

• Since there seems to be no other option as of now I will add a custom textfield to display the currency in the listview.

• Also a little bit more input from my side:

Below you can see the html code for the specified field in the listview.

When I use my mouse to try and drag it smaller max-width, min-width and width get adjusted correctly, but only in the numeric represantation, meaning width gets set to 30px, but in reality the field is not being dragged smaller.

<th class="sorting orderByamount_usdollar" style="max-width: 154px; min-width: 154px; width: 154px;" data-fieldname="amount_usdollar" data-orderby="" tabindex="-1">

<div style="">
                        <div class="th-droppable-placeholder ui-droppable" data-droppableindex="5"></div>

<div data-draggable="true" style="position: relative;" class="ui-draggable">

<span>
                                Erwarteter Preis
                            </span>

</div>

</div>

</th>

• Hi Robert Schrepfer,

Can you please share screenshots with issues, and version of your instance? may be it can be can sorted out using css.

• We are running on Sugar Professional Version 7.6.0.0 Build 1552

• Hi Robert Schrepfer,

You can try adding css in custom/theme/ add files custom.less and custom.css

1. Add below code in custom.less

@import "custom.css";

2. In custom.css add below code

th.orderByamount_usdollar { max-width:100px; min-width:30px: width:50px; } //  set values as per your need

3. After that clear cache folder in sugar instance and clear browser cache and check.

if it does not help use below code

th.orderByamount_usdollar { max-width:100px !important; min-width:30px !important: width:50px !important; } 

Note : It may be possible that same css may be applied on other pages too as we have not added a parent class or id to css if needed it can be restricted to the specific page only. you will have to find a unique class or id on the same page which must be parent to th with following class orderByamount_usdollar

I have used css file instead of less as I am not familiar with less and may be it will be easy for you too using css. you can convert code to .less and use it directly instead of importing css file in less file.

Please send me few screenshots more with few dummy records with issue and full view of inspector window page so that I can provide specific code. 

Hope this helps !

• Hi Hemant!

Well this solves the problem, but in a manner that's giving me headaches. I really like to know the reason behind why this isn't working properly in the first place. Oh well, thank you very much for your time and effort, I ll probably go down that road.