Please assist in create customized email types. Most of the work is done, I just need to make it so when a custom button in the email field is selected, that the text fields from business, personal are updated.
Any advice is appreciated.
I am in the process of upgrading our school (Johnson County Community College, Overland Park, KS) to Sugar 7 and I need to redo this customization that I created in the past, but was not upgrade safe. I have started the process, but I need help.
Steps needed to add customization:
1) Add business_email_c, personal_email_c and school_email_c text fields to Contact Module Form (I hope to make these hidden in the future)
2) Moves files in folder from GITREPO to your instance of Sugar 7
GitHub - ameliamcox/SugarCRM_7_Email_Type: Project to create School, Personal, and Business Email Types in SugarCRM Cont…
I have modified the email field in the Contact Module:
- Added 2 additional buttons for business and personal in edit mode (edit-email-field.hbs)
- Added 3 possible labels school, business and personal in detail mode (detail.hbs)
- Added code to only let one business and one personal button to be selected, like the primary email address button (select_one_email_type.js)
- Buttons(edit view) and labels(detail view) are selected when page is rendered base off of two text field also on the form containing the emails school_email_c, business_email_c and personal_email_c field (Note: school email button is missing from edit view, because it on our system the source of record is an other application)
I have copied from original and customized the record view render function to:
- Pull this.model.attributes.business_email_c, this.model.attributes.personal_email_c, this.model.attributes.school_email_c
- For each email array in this.model.attributes.email
- creates and sets email.has_email_types to TRUE
- creates and sets email.school_email based on whether email.email_address === school_email (value of business_email_c text field)
- creates and sets email.business_email based on whether email.email_address === business_email (value of personal_email_c text field)
- creates and sets email.personal_email based on whether email.email_address === personal_email (value of school_email_c text field)
Below is how the customization will appear.
I mentioned this project to the following before.
Please let me know what you think.