Why am i having trouble generating a report when i use a custom module.

I have built a custom module which is designed to track our Instrument install base and the service history on those instruments.

The issue i am having is that i want to run a report that shows what instruments need a PM during the next Quarter. When i work through the report wizard however no matter what metrics i try I cannot get data from the report.

I have even tried a basic column report where it should give me the account name of where each instrument is. I did this by filtering the field Instrument "is not" and the criteria "blank"

is there something i need to do to make the fields with in the module visible to reports?

• on further stuffing about I have now found out that when i add the Account Name from the Instrument module then the report failed. Having the account name is vitaly important how else do we know which account the instrument is located to perform the PM?

• Mark,

Since you are hosting your SugarCRM instance On Demand, I logged in to review this issue and did receive no results when selecting the Account Name field from the custom module directly.  However, instead of using the "Account Name" field, in the Related Modules section in the upper left area, select the Custom Module > Accounts and select the Name field from the "Field Name" section below.  This should display the related account name in the report along with the custom module data.

Hope this helps,

Lori