AnsweredAssumed Answered

Each user having to set their time zone is killing my training sessions.  How can I improve this painful process?

Question asked by scott haslam on Oct 19, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2016 by scott haslam

Hi,

My company is in the midst of launching SugarCRM to our user base of 700, remote salespeople.  We are holding daily training sessions with groups of 10-15 trainees.  Inevitably, I am losing 15-20 minutes at the beginning of every class because the users are being asked to set their time zone.  Unfortunately the time zones that are listed are in an unusual format, and the search feature doesn't work like it should.  Additionally the different time zones are not sorted alphabetically, which makes it very hard to find the correct zone.  We imported our list of users into the system with their phone number, email, etc.  But we do not maintain a list of everyone's time zone.  So each user has to find it for themselves before we can begin training.

How can I streamline this process?  I simply don't have the time to go into every users' profile before all the training sessions to set the zone for them.  I need another solution.  We have an Enterprise license and Sugar is hosting us on-demand.

Outcomes