AnsweredAssumed Answered

Have an issue with "Total" attribute in  reports for modules with many to many relationship..

Question asked by Vikas Chacko on Oct 12, 2016

In a report consisting of 2 modules that have a many to many relationship, the total count displayed in the report is not   the  "All Count" but the "DISTINCT count" . Example : There is a many to many relationship between "Accounts" and "Events". Say Account-1 has two events Event-1 and Event-2 . Now another Accounts -2 has the same Events : Event-1 and Event-2 associated to it. Now in the Accounts report it is supposed to show total as 4 events when am grouping by Account name and display summary by "count" of events. But instead it shows total as 2 , which the the distinct count , not total count. Can someone please help me resolve this.  Have provided a dummy table below to make my question clear.

Account Id

Event 1d

Account-1

Event-1

Account-1

Event-1

Account-2

Event-2

Account-2

Event-2

Now total count is 4. 

Distinct count is 2.

The report takes a distinct count of Events ID. But I need it to take the total count of 4 .

Note: The query that is created while generating the report returns both the total count and distinct count. But only distinct count is used in the report. 

Outcomes